Tuesday 19 May 2009

Sorry, by Madonna

Watch the following video and listen to the song. After that, try to complete the lyrics.



Who is Madonna singing to?
What do you think has happened?
What does she mean by "I can't take it anymore"?

SORRY
by MADONNA

Je suis desolé
Lo siento
Ik ben droevig
Sono spiacente
Perdóname!

I've ___________ it all before...

CHORUS:
I don't ___________ hear
I don't ___________ know
Please don't say you're sorry
I've ___________ it all before
And I can take care of myself
I don't ___________ hear
I don't ___________ know
Please don't say ___________ me
I've seen it all before
And I can't take it anymore

You're not half the ___________ you think you are
___________your words because you've gone too far
And listen to your ___________ and all your___________
(listen to your stories)
You're not half the ___________you’d like to be

CHORUS

Don't explain ___________cause talk is ___________
There's more ___________things than hearing you speak
You stay because I made it so convenient
Don't explain ___________you'll never see

Gomen nasai
Mujhe maaf kardo
Proshtchenija proshu
Slihah
Forgive me

Sorry sorry sorry sorry...
I've heard it all before

CHORUS

Don't explain ___________cause talk is ___________
There's more ___________things than hear you speak

I've ___________ it all before...

13 comments:

  1. miss: I listen it two times and I could complete the majority of the spaces. and I am listening another time because of the words I couldn´t take.


    ~Narella~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, Narella. It's necessary to listen to it several times in order to complete it.
    Miss Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss: I´m very very very sorry that this will be my first comment...
    But.. what I wanna tell is: that I think is a great song and Madonna is the only singer over the world who can sing pop like she does.
    Well about the listening: like Narella, I listen it two times; likely in the second time I could complete it.

    XOXO -Macarena-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better late than never, Macarena. Again, I suggest listening to the song -while you enjoy it- more than once. I'm afraid it'll be the only way to get to find out all the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can put all the word, because, when I listen again, I remember not all, but a very big group of them, because, I have listened this song.
    Really, I enjoy it !




    Tatiana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can catch all the blanks because I have the song and i really like it! It is a very interesting!

    MARIANA.A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caught everything. The video is really nice. Her performance was beautiful.
    Well, the questions we have already answered in class.
    Have a nice weekend!!!

    NOELIA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent, Noelia!

    Have a nice weekend.

    Miss Marina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this song!, I knew it before you posted it here, and i have it in my phone too :)

    Well, I couldn't enter to this page last week,'cuz I hadn't got internet -like I told you- but now i'm doing all the exercise I couldn't do.

    The questions were already answered in class, however i did it to practise for the test.

    SHEILA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Sheila. Keep it up!

    Miss Marina

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a slow song but it is very good.....

    Fede

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss, the class I think in which you corrected the lyrics I was absent, so here are the words I completed. I had already heard the song before, and I knew some of the words you asked me to complete before watching the video.

    HEARD
    WANNA
    WANNA
    HEARD
    WANNA
    WANNA
    FORGIVE
    MAN
    SAY
    LIES
    STORIES
    MAN
    YOURSELF
    CHEAP
    IMPORTANT
    YOURSELF
    YOURSELF
    CHEAP
    IMPORTANT
    HEARD

    ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS:
    1) I think Madonna is singing to her ex-husband, or to an ex-boyfriend.
    2) I think they have separated recently.
    3) She means that she can not bare or stand it anymore... I suppose she’s refering to the relationship between them.

    I did not like the video =(

    See you tomorrow!
    MARIANA S.

    ReplyDelete